Friday, January 5, 2024

Days 4-5: Small steps, over time, together = change

If you've stumbled upon this entry and are not sure what's going on here, these are the links to get you caught up:

Day 1 Explainer: Why?
List of ingredients and breakdown of $30 cost

But to recap, the whole idea here is twofold:

1) Why I do the challenge for me:

  • It helps me reset my concept of food
  • It increases my sense of gratitude for the abundance I enjoy on a usual daily basis
  • It helps me focus my intentions outside of my self

2) Why I do the challenge for others:

  • To better empathize with the plight of, and stand in solidarity with, those who never see a "day 31" and are struggling with the effects of inflation and unfair wages
  • To help you, the reader, pause and reflect on ways you can simplify so the vulnerable can be lifted up
  • To inspire a charitable result by way of reminding us that our small sacrifices, when added together and compounded, can make a life-changing and lasting difference for those who need our help

My charitable goal:

The idea here is to turn my $30 into seeds that, with your help, grow into something much bigger than what I can buy at the grocery store.

How we will do this:

I'm seeking 25 generous souls to pledge a monthly donation of these amounts on the chart below.

When combined, you’ll be turning my $30 into $780/mo and then *12 = almost $10k/year.

When stretched by our farmlands, it will turn into $20k of impact annually for She Has Hope programs! 

[click here to read the She Has Hope annual impact report]

Over 5 years, that’s over $100,000 of impact.

From just 25 people!


Want to be one of the 25?


Just tap on the chart, then on the next screen, enter the amount you'd like to sponsor monthly, and then choose a day of the month you'd like your recurring donation to charge.

Happy to show you that we have 4 of the hearts filled! 21 to go!

 

Tonight I want to dedicate days 4 & 5 of the challenge to the girls in our She Has Hope India programs. 

Here's a look at your generosity being multiplied: our team there grows many of the vegetables that keep these and other girls like them well nourished. This is one less cost that our local team has to incur, thereby stretching your charitable giving even further


On to my 6 meals since my last blog post... let's take a look at what I was able to cook up for $1/day...




 

Improvised banana rice pudding with cinnamon

 







Thanks for following along! More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment